⭐ 7,5 / 10
👥 2 players
🕗 15 minutes
A new king of the jungle needs to be chosen. There are two candidates, and these two monkeys need to collect all the different fruits out of the jungle. The monkey who first completes the fruit collection, becomes the new king of the jungle.
How to play?
Monki is a 2-player game where each players plays one of the monkeys. The monkeys are going to collect fruit that is spread on the board. You win the game when you collect the eight different fruit tiles, ór the four different golden fruit tiles.
🐵 Before the game starts, the player board is set up. Each player has two temple boards, 3×3 tiles, that are placed next to each other. Next the four boards are placed next to each other in a square. On the corners the statue boards are being placed.
Place three fruit tiles on each temple on the board (the dark tiles)., and both chose a monkey.
🐵The first player places the monkey on the board, followed by the second player. In a turn are two action
- To start your turn, you move your monkey. You can move in diagonal, horizontal and vertical direction, as many spaces as you want, as long as there are no obstacles in the way. Obstacles are temple tiles with fruit tokens on it, or the other monkey.
- Second, you chose a temple in the row or colomn your monkey stands in. You can turn fruit tiles on these temples and turn them around. You can turn as many tiles as you like. If you turn a golden tile, this tile is placed on the statue in the corner.
- If you turn the same fruit specie twice, your turn ends immediately and all the fruit tiles are moved to the statues in the corners.
- If you decide to stop, you collect all the unique tiles on your player board in front of you. Each tile can only be placed once on your board. If you already collected this tile, the tile is placed on the statue.
- The final option is to collect fruit tiles at the statues. You can only collect one fruit specie in a turn by turning the ruby tiles in front of you. Each player has one ruby for each fruit specie. When you pay with a ruby, you can collect all the pieces of that fruit specie, including the golden tiles.
- You can also choose not to play the previous steps and to skip a turn. In that case, you collect no fruit, but you can turn all your used ruby tiles so you can use them later in the game.
🐵 When you collect all the eight different fruit tiles, or the four different golden species you win the game.
💡 OUR OPINION
Monki is a real fun, quick family game for 2 players. The game looks amazing and the monkey look beautiful at the board. The game has a real “push your luck” gameplay, when turning the fruit tiles.
We really like the game. It plays very well with children from age 7, and it is a 2-player game. We enjoyed playing with our kids one on one, and did not have a game specially for that.
With 2 adults, it is also a quick and fun filler game.
We recommend this game if you search a fun family game with children or with not so experienced players, or if you search for a quick filler game.
⭐7,5 / 10
This game has been made available to us by the publisher Geronimo Games for review purposes. Our opinion is not influenced by this and remains our own.